- the newest shave soaps to find a place in kyle's ever-expanding stash. yummy.
- non-smell of fresh laundry a la charlie's soap (which i am running dangerously, treacherously low on. must re-order today)
- pizza dough- made twice this week, once for pizza, once for breadsticks. made the remarkable discovery that it does not, in fact, need two hours to rise. twenty minutes in a warm oven, punch down, thirty minutes covered with plastic wrap in the fridge, and you are ready to roll (it out).
- cheese grits
- that dog up there, the dog named Dufus. he lives next door to my parents and barking is his love language and boy, does he love my girls.
- Dave Ramsey's message of hope last night. so inspiring and encouraging. and I totally saw my high school friend trisha in the audience several times which was pretty much just as exciting as hearing dave's wise words.
- creamy, soft, kissable baby skin. my mama holding my newest niece, kadence.
- i always make the most unexpected discoveries at my parents' house. the wall hanging now sitting on our mantel was collecting dust in their office. mom sent me home with it.
and that bib? my grandmother made it for her little tribe of grands so many years ago. i am in love with it. little cap sleeves! and that crumb catching pocket is divine. it's completely reversible, too. they do not make bibs like they used to, no ma'am they do not. my mother suggested i cut it apart to use it as a pattern to make my own (or have some made, more likely), but the thought of taking scissors to this treasure nearly broke my heart. we'll have it on long-term loan before taking it back to grandma's.
- a wardrobe of spring and summer clothes for AJ once worn by her big sister. i was quite actually in tears unpacking them from the bins, calling to mind the spring/summer/fall Dacey wore them - the things we did, the places we went. Mistress Size Six (!) couldn't fit her big toe in them now. looking forward to those t-shirts and sundresses appearing in a whole 'nother summer's worth of memories.
this was nice. hope your weekend is restful and lovely.