Imagine my supreme delight when I received a copy of the newest release from Katie of Kitchen Stewardship - Healthy Snacks To Go.. Granola Bars, Popeye Bars, and Larabars were the first recipes that caught my eye. Y'all - she has fourteen different variations of the Larabars in this book! And all of them are so, so easy. The most exotic ingredient you will find is coconut oil (we've talked about the before, remember?), and if even I can find that in a small town Oklahoma health food store, then I have to think it's not all that exotic anymore.
But the bars are just a sampling of what you'll find in Katie's book. There are fruit rolls, smoothie inspirations, cracker recipes, and a special section with ideas for side dishes or lunchbox inclusions and more!.
In a time when recipes are abundant online, why would you pay a little extra money to purchase an e-book like this? Here's why:
- There are so many great recipes included, all in one handy little book. No digging through sites, reading through comments for variations, and printing out page after page of feedback and adjustments. Katie has thoroughly vetted, worked through, and perfected each recipe she shares.
- Links aplenty! Not only does Katie share her own super easy, super YUM recipes, she also provides links to some of the best snack recipes from other talented food bloggers. There are also lots of links to explain processes and philosophies you might not be familiar with if you aren't into all things Real Food.
- As with all things Kitchen Stewardship, these recipes are totally approachable. If you are into soaking grains, she provides instructions for that. But if you aren't - no worries! Each recipe could be made with ease by real food enthusiasts or more mainstream cooks alike.
- Special dietary needs? Katie has carefully labeled each recipe with icons indicating if a recipe is sugar-free, gluten-free, casein-free, grain-free, nut-free, raw food, no added sweetener, soaked option, or special indulgence. We don't have particular dietary restrictions here, but I can only imagine if you do that it can be quite the task to figure out if a recipe will work for your family or not. Katie has worked out a system where you can know in a glance if a recipe will work for you!
- The book is FULL of FAQs and tips and hints and helpful ideas! Katie has thought of every possible question you might run into on a recipe and answered it for you in advance. And each page also includes Katie's gentle sense of humor so it reads like a trusted friend sharing her best recipes with you.
For families preparing to hit the road for vacation and explore the outdoors throughout the summer and go on picnics with family and friends, this book is an essential. I just cannot say enough good things about it. For the same amount of money you would spend on a few boxes of granola bars, you have a resource for your home that will ensure that you always have a healthy snack or side dish on hand - throughout the summer and all year long!
Because Katie is incredibly generous and extremely awesome, she is offering two - TWO! - free copies of Healthy Snacks To Go as a gift to SortaCrunchy readers. Here's how to enter to win one of the copies (choose any ONE or ALL of these entry options!):
- Check out the table of contents here and leave a comment telling me the recipe that interests you most
- Browse Katie's recipe collection at Kitchen Stewardship or her Monday Missions and leave a comment telling me your favorite
- Follow Katie on Twitter and leave a comment telling me you did
- Like Kitchen Stewardship on Facebook and leave a comment telling me you did
- Join over 3,000 readers and subscribe to Kitchen Stewardship and leave a comment telling me you did
Giveaway is open to readers worldwide and runs from today (June 7th) through Sunday, June 13th. Winners will be announced Monday, June 14th. Happy snacking!
(All links to Healthy Snacks To Go are affiliate links which means I receive a small portion of the proceeds from each book you order through me. I will say with all honesty, however, that I would be this enthusiastic about the book even if I were not an affiliate! It's really, REALLY great!)